Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Quick ----- Nominate your favorite Math or Science Teacher!

Hurry, yes I said hurry!!!!  Nominations for Elementary Teachers (K-6) are due by APRIL 1, 2012 and the application deadline is MAY 1, 2012.  Yes, I know I am a little late in getting this out and I have to thank my rep from Sunburst who told me about this terrific opportunity, thanks Michael!

The Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching (PAEMST), established in 1983 by Congress, is the highest recognition that a kindergarten through 12th-grade mathematics or science teacher may receive for outstanding teaching in the United States.  To date more than 4,100 teachers have been recognized and the PAEMST program authorized the President of United States to bestow up to 108 awards each year.

For more information, go to https://www.paemst.org/home/view for more information on how to nominate and for the application process.

The nomination deadline for Secondary Teachers (7-12) opens in Fall 2012 the nomination deadline is 4-1-2013 and the application deadline is 5-1-13.  Now you are going to have to remember this because I will probably forget to re-post this information this fall!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment