May 5-11, 2014
Happy Exceptional Children’s Week! It's time to celebrate the successes, accomplishments
and achievements of students with exceptionalities! Here are two ways you can join the festivities.
1) It’s all about the kids! Learn more about the shining stars of Exceptional Children’s Week –
the 2014 Yes I Can Award recipients. Prepare to be inspired by these 21 outstanding students and their amazing stories of:
- Academic excellence.
- Artistic gifts and talents.
- Athletic prowess.
- Selfless community service.
- Advocacy for themselves and others.
- Technological brilliance.
- Independence in their work and personal lives.
2) We ♥ special educators! Behind every child who succeeds there's a team of professionals that's helped make it happen. We know you prefer to stay behind the scenes, but we’re pulling you into the limelight for a few minutes with this video we made just for you called You Are Special Education